Preparing for Your First Visit
Once your visit has been scheduled, we'll register you for our custom online computer assisted
medical history taker. The registration information will be emailed to you at the email address
you provide us with during the registration. If you do not have access to the internet with a
personal computer, tablet or cell phone, you can take your history taker in our clinic prior
to your visit date. Our reception staff will make those arrangements with you. Our objective
is to obtain a very detailed medical profile to provide you with the best care.
We will also send you a few papers to fill out and bring with you.
We ask that you physically pick up your CDís and reports from your previous CT/MRI scanning
facility. Doctor's offices can send us written reports from your scans but the actual images
are stored where they were taken. It is very useful for Dr. Messina to view these images.
To avoid having the CDs get lost, please do NOT have them mailed to us.
We are pleased to have copies of your medical records faxed to us for review at your visit. You or your physician's office can fax them to: 517-324-4330
- Significant other, especially if they can add more information as an eyewitness
- Parent or legal guardian if you are under 18 yrs of age
- Copies of your most recent medical records. Please call your physician to be sure they were sent or bring them in personally. We cannot provide optimal care without the proper communication. Please specify that they send us copies of the actual progress notes rather than only a collection of test reports.
- All x-ray films, MRI films, CT scans etc. We prefer the actual CD's over films and written reports are also helpful. Please hand carry these items... remember, no one will mail these films because of the expense and we will not mail them back.
- Please bring lists of all medications used now as well as in the past. Many pharmacies will provide a complete printout of prescriptions upon request.
- Referral forms or authorizations from your referring physician if you are coming through an HMO, PPO or insurance company that requires a "gatekeeper" to send you..
- Do not assume that we have automatically received your records, if there is question, check with your referring physician's office. It is wise to call us a few days before the appointment to see if any useful records have arrived.
- Please be sure you have completed your online history at least 48hrs before your appointment.
- Please arrive at our office 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time so we can get the necessary paperwork out of the way.
*** Please do not wear perfume, cologne or use scented soaps or lotions before your appointments as many of our patients have sensitivities to these scents. ***