Patient Checklist - What to Bring
- Significant other, only if they can add more information as an eyewitness
- Parent or legal guardian if you are under 18 yrs of age
- Copies of your most recent medical records. Please call your physician to be sure they were sent or bring them in personally. We cannot provide optimal care without the proper communication. Please specify that they send us copies of the actual progress notes rather than only a collection of test reports.
- All x-ray films, MRI films, CT scans etc. We prefer the actual films or the CDs, written reports are also helpful. Please hand carry these items...
- Lists of all medications used now as well as in the past. Many pharmacies will provide a complete printout of prescriptions upon request.
- Referral forms or authorizations from your referring physician if you are coming through an HMO, PPO or insurance company that requires a "gatekeeper" to send you..
- Do not assume that we have automatically received your records, if there is question, check with your referring physician's office. It is wise to call us a few days before the appointment to see if any useful records have arrived.
*** Please do not wear perfume or use scented soaps or lotions before your appointments as many of our patients have sensitivities to these scents. ***